Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pizza Rolls

This dish is a real hit with kids and it's so easy - I have had kids tell me it's the best thing they've ever tasted.  Now, I don't know about that but I see why they like it...plus you get to dip the pizza rolls and we all love things we can dip!

Ingredients:
Frozen Bread Dough - 2 loaves (my grocery sells this in a pack of 5) - THAWED
Italian style cheese
Parmesan cheese
Pepperoni - I used turkey pepperoni
any favorite pizza toppings
1 jar of pizza sauce

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
On a floured surface, stretch and roll each dough to a good size rectangle, about 12"x18" - this will take some work as the dough is very stretchy and will need to be worked with - trust me it will eventually roll out.
 Now sprinkle some cheese over the entire surface and top with pepperoni or whatever pizza toppings you choose.
Now sprinkle more cheese (Italian and Parmesan) over the toppings.
Now fold each end over so when you roll it up the ends will be sealed. The roll up length wise jelly roll style.

Cut a few diagonal slits in each roll, transfer to a baking sheet - I put both rolls on the same cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for around 15-20 minutes or until bread is browned and cheese is bubbly. 
Slice pizza rolls and serve with pizza sauce on the side...YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment