Monday, December 5, 2011

Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes

The Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes were a HIT!  
This is a quick and easy recipe you must try.

Ingredients:
Cake:
1 box Chocolate Devils Food Cake Mix
1 pkg York Peppermint Patties
Peppermint Butter cream Icing: 
2 sticks butter
Powdered Sugar
Peppermint Extract
Milk

Directions:

Make cake mix according to instructions on the box.  Fill cupcake liners about half full and then top with a York Peppermint Patty.  Now add remainder of batter on top of the Peppermint Patties. 
Bake according to cake mix instructions.  Remove from oven and let cook completely.

To make butter cream frosting combine softened butter and powdered sugar.  I start with one small box and then blend with hand mixer until it reaches desired consistency.  You can add a little milk to thin the icing if necessary or a little more powdered sugar to thicken it up more.  When you have the icing the way you want add a few drops of Peppermint extract.  Mix icing and taste, adding more extract if you want.  The icing should be minty but not overpowering.  Put icing in a large plastic zip-lock bag and cut off one corner.  Now you can easily pipe the icing onto your cooled cupcakes.  Garnish with crushed peppermint candy or maybe Andes Mints.  I also think I small candy cake placed in the top would be cute.  Make these soon - your holiday guests will surely be amazed and of course the kids (and spouse) will too!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jennifer,
    I have been meaning to comment on this blog for a while now. These cupcakes finally inspired me to take the plunge. Just looking at them makes my mouth water. I love peppermint. I am so impressed with your skills and creativity. Adam and Emma are lucky to have such a creative and talented mother. I wish my decor looked even half as awesome as yours.

    I'm sure my Emma would appreciate some of these yummy goodies, so I am going to give it a whirl.

    Thanks for this blog and for sharing such wonderful ideas!!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete