Monday, December 5, 2011

Decorating for Christmas

This year for Christmas we decided to do clear lights on our tree - I love the way it looks, the photo from my phone does not do it justice.
I saw something similar to this for decorating a mantle on Pinterest so I decided to give it a try. I really LOVE the way it turned out...the red glitter ornaments and the apple green ornaments look great.
Lastly I wanted to share with you something I have done two years in a row now...an ADVENT Calendar.  I used metal tins and got magnets to put them on this black board I found at Michaels.  It is by far one of my daughter's favorite things about Christmas.  Inside each tin is a little Christmas themed gift or a paper for a special thing we will do that day.  These have included things such as Christmas earrings to a piece of paper saying we were going to make and decorate Christmas cookies.  A few of the best events from last year's Advent Calendar was watching A Christmas Story while eating popcorn and Christmas M&M's with the family and going to look at Christmas lights around town with a run to Starbucks.  Consider doing something like this for your children and making Christmas last the whole season.
I hope all of you are enjoying your Christmas season so far! 



1 comment:

  1. I wish I could do that to my mantle, but it would end up a big awkward looking mess. I don't have a knack for decorating, but I love to see it. I love red and apple green ornaments. I have a wreath on my front porch in that same color scheme, and I love it. I am not brave enough to do my mantle though. But, yours looks magazine worthy!!

    ReplyDelete