Monday, September 19, 2011

Cute Gift Wrap idea for Baby Gift


I recently went to a baby shower for a good friend of mine who's having a precious little boy named Grayson.  We purchased baby Grayson a cute little outfit and got the parents a gift card to buy him some books from Barnes and Noble - now I wanted to make it a cute gift.  Gift bags are fine but have you ever noticed that almost all you every see anymore are gift bags at a party?  I will admit I have done that too and will continue to probably use gift bags on occasion.  But, when you really want to make a cute package you do it the old fashion way - you gift wrap!

I particularly love wrapping baby gifts because I think a cute little stuffed animal attached to the package really makes it ADORABLE!  For this gift I decided to get a plain white gift wrap and make that as the first layer.  The second layer is a cute gift wrap I found by Hallmark.  I cut it so it was a bit shorter than the package and then securely taped it around the gift.  Next I tied a bow on using satin ribbon I purchased at Walmart.  Lastly I used clear packing tape to attach the little blue giraffe.   

Lastly instead of a store bought card I made this really simple gift card holder that I learned how to make from the following tutorial at:  Kerry's Craft Blog  I had never done one of these before and it took me a few tries to get it right - I ran it through my printer to get Grayson's name on the front.  (I am look forward to making more of these cute gift card holders in the future.)  Then I slipped the card in and wrote a little message.  
I LOVE the way the package turned out.  Next time you have a baby shower to go to take a little extra time to make the wrapping CUTE too...I guarantee it will get noticed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment