Saturday, September 3, 2011

Chocolate Pudding Cupcake Cups

With inspiration from a blog post I had seen for little chocolate bowls I decided to give it a try.  Originally the directions were to blow up a balloon and dip the bottom part in chocolate in order to make a bowl of sorts.  We gave this a try but it didn't go so well - three balloons popped after the chocolate was on them and we had melted chocolate flying everywhere!!  What a mess!

In an effort to salvage the chocolate bowls I decided to try something else - so after I melted my chocolate we poured them into cupcake liners, making sure to get the sides really good.  You have to pour the extra chocolate back into your bowl.  They look something like this:
Place the chocolate covered cupcake liners in the refrigerator until set.  Once they are set the liner just pulls away from the chocolate shell...leaving a cute little, edible chocolate liner!  Kids think this is just too cool.  You can then use these cups for ice cream or fruit - but we used them for some homemade (from scratch) chocolate pudding.  You can find the recipe I used for that here: homemade chocolate pudding - I left out the peanut butter since my little one is allergic and it was great as just chocolate.  We finished the creation with whipped cream....they actually turned out looking like a cupcake!  ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment