Saturday, September 3, 2011

Skinny Pizza Rolls - Delish!

I found this recipe on one of my favorite food blogs - The Dashing Dish.  When I saw them I knew I had to try them soon - a great finger food that I paired with a Caesar Salad for a delicious and relatively healthy meal.  My 12 year old daughter loved helping prepare these and was very proud when they turned out so good! 

Ingredients:
One package of turkey mini pepperoni (I used Hormel)
1 jar pizza sauce
1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 t. Italian Seasoning
1 t. garlic powder
Cooking Spray
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1- 12 oz package won ton wrappers 

These are what the won ton wrappers looked like that my grocery had:

Directions:
Chop the pepperonis into fourths.  Mix pepperoni with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder until it looks like this:
Place a small amount of filling (approximately a tablespoon) in the middle of each wonton wrapper like this:
Next you wet your finger with some water (I recommend sitting a small bowl of water by your workspace) and wet two sides (this acts like glue when you fold the wrapper in half) - fold diagonally and seal edges shut by gently pressing together like this:
When you have all the pizza rolls assembled, place them on a baking sheet and spray lightly with cooking spray and then sprinkle the tops with the grated Parmesan.  Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes.  The pizza rolls turn out crispy and light brown.  Best of all they are ONLY 30 CALORIES each!  This is a meal or a snack you  don't feel guilty about eating or feeding to your family.  Here is what the finished product looked like:



No comments:

Post a Comment