Monday, August 29, 2011

Autumn Chopped Salad

This weekend we went over to my in-laws for dinner - I was asked to bring a salad.  Because I didn't want to take just any salad I started looking online for a good recipe.  Here's what I found thanks to this great blog: Espresso and Cream.  If you like salad as much as we do this recipe is a must try and it's VERY easy!

Autumn Chopped Salad


6-8 cups chopped Romaine Lettuce (I like the Hearts of Romaine)
2 medium pears chopped
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup chopped pecans
8 slices of chopped bacon or a jar of real bacon pieces (you can find this over in the salad dressing aisle)
4-6 oz. crumbled feta cheese
Poppy Seed Dressing
Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing

This time I used Newman's Own brand Poppy Seed Dressing and I made my own Balsamic Vinaigrette (1-2 t. dijon mustard, 1/4 c balsamic vinegar and 1/4 c or less extra virgin olive oil)

Toss all salad ingredients together then add 30 percent balsamic vinaigrette and about 70 percent Poppy Seed Dressing then toss well...serve immediately.   We served our dressing on the side.  My father in law used Italian dressing he had instead of what I brought and he said the salad was still stupendous!  I can't wait to make this salad again and it would also be a really good Main Course salad with a little chopped, grilled chicken. Enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment