Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes


These cupcakes are fantastic...my family was very happy I made them today. I found them on a great blog called The Larson Lingo  I only had a bite since I have been watching my sugar intake but I can tell you from that one bite these are a must try...very easy and impressive.  Here's what you need:

1 box devils food cake mix (any brand)
1 package ready to cook chocolate chip cookie dough (I used Nestle break apart)
Frosting of your choice - I made my own vanilla (recipe to follow) but any will do.

Prepare devils food cake per box instructions.  Fill cupcake liners a little more than half full and then add one pieces of the cookie dough to center.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 18 minutes.  Let cupcakes cool completely.  

Vanilla Butter Cream Frosting
1 box powdered sugar
1/ 2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup milk
1 stick of butter at room temperature

Combine frosting ingredients and mix well with mixer.  When frosting is at the desired consistency put in a large ziplock bag and clip off one corner and start frosting away.
Here's what the cupcakes look like in the middle - the cookie dough is cooked but still soft - YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment