Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pantry Redo

Thanks mainly to my new obsession with Pinterest - I recently got the urge to redo and organize my pantry.  I have never had a grip on this pantry since we moved into this house (mainly because it's really small.) The kids went back to school a few weeks ago so I started looking around and getting ideas.  If you are in the mood to organize anything I highly suggest you get on Pinterest and take a look, it's flowing with GREAT ideas!  Earlier this week I went shopping for my glass containers to use for things like sugar, brown sugar, white rice, brown rice, breadcrumbs, etc...I had great luck finding what I wanted and I even picked up seven containers from Goodwill (I felt like I hit the jackpot there!)  Lastly I used some existing storage baskets we had to organize snacks, oatmeal and lunch items.  I just love it and I am amazed at just how pleasing it is to look at!  I also might mention that since I emptied the shelves to reorganize I also painted the pantry a great shade of Tent Tan from Sherwin-Williams.  Here's the before and after photos!
Photobucket
BEFORE
Photobucket
AFTER
And here's two close up photos of the glass container details:


So, I hope you like my new pantry...there's one more addition I need - a decent trash can.  I have looked around a little and I am shocked that the one I want is actually around $100 - now I have to find something cheaper than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment